Creating Art, Improving Lives
Rowan is a charity with a strong social enterprise ethos, which seeks to enhance the sustainability and future of Rowan for its beneficiaries. We produce work for commissions and for sale at exhibitions and events.
This creative working in small groups with tutors enables Rowan’s students to develop social and communication skills, offering a rounded and stimulating group experience to each individual participant. The active participation in community events and arts activities is also important as a means of connecting directly with our local community and cultural heritage. Meeting people in new and different environments stimulates ideas and discussion as well as being a platform for enabling greater social inclusion.
Rowan is committed to:
- Approaching life as an adventure, with humour, passion, optimism and fun
- Sharing our passion for bringing art and people together
- Fairness and equal opportunities based on respect for all people
- Doing good for the whole – our students, staff, community and society
- Providing a safe, caring, nurturing, inspiring and creative environment
- Championing personal development, innovation and excellence
- Encouraging friendship and a sense of belonging
- Sustainability and acting in an environmentally friendly and ethical way
- A social enterprise model that produces financial returns and social impact