How Rowan is still making a difference
We have had to find new ways of continuing to deliver much needed support to our students, their families/carers, and our volunteers/support workers as a result of the COVID-19 crisis. Now we have opened a few of our studios it is great to have students back in the building. We are only open on certain days with a limited number of people. Everyone’ safety comes first and we continue to take tentative steps as more students return.
We are still running online with a small remote team who remain focused on ensuring we continue to provide the much needed support and care to our students, their families and the wider community.
So we have been…
- Creating new activities pages on our website as well as ways to stay connected and to get involved
- Providing creative drama and makaton sessions online via Zoom
- One-on-one and small group music sessions online via Zoom
- Tuesday art sessions via Zoom
- Staying in regular contact with our students, their families and volunteers via phone and online
- Producing a “Feel good Friday” update, sharing stories/ideas and increasing happiness and wellbeing within our community
- We are also looking at how we can stay connected with students who have limited or no communication skills and do not have access to phone or IT
We are delighted with how positively these ways of working are being received. Students are engaging and participating, where possible, and putting forward ideas and suggestions for future activities to make sure we all “stay connected”.
We need your support, now more than ever.
Meet Tracie and find out how Rowan has been supporting her throughout the COVID-19 crisis.
How can you help?
You can help us survive this crisis by:
- Donating to our LocalGiving page here
- Start your own fundraiser for Rowan just like Rosalind, our Chair of Trustees, with her JoGLE Challenge! Why not get sponsors for a run, complete your own bake off, create a home challenge and raise vital funds for us?
- Set-up a fundraising page via our LocalGiving page here or contact Hetti for support on firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to share your “feel good” stories with us.