Become a student artist
Student information and opportunities
Rowan is dedicated to providing a safe and enriching environment where adults with learning disabilities can tackle new creative skills alongside professional artists.
We are an active part of the art community in Cambridge, taking part in a number of exhibitions throughout the year to showcase and sell our art and crafts. We also stage performances for our music and drama students.
Our students can take part in a range of creative workshops:
… and our forest school, Rowan Rangers.
Rowan is open Monday to Friday, 9am to 3pm, for 50 weeks of the year. Weekly half-day and full-day student places are available.
We offer Taster Sessions for prospective students, to experience daily studio activities for themselves before making a decision. This enables us to assess a student’s needs, how they fit in with the environment and with other students and whether we can meet the needs of a potential student.
Students need to bring a packed lunch, but we offer free tea and coffee.
We do not provide personal care, so if required, a personal one-to-one supporter must accompany the student. The entire Rowan building is wheelchair accessible.
In order to give us a better understanding of your needs please fill the form in as completely as you can…
- Fill in this form as completely as possible and return it to Rowan.
- Come and look around the studios / workshops at Rowan.
- Participate in four free taster sessions, so that you can experience Rowan activities and meet our staff and other students.
- We will use all information to decide if we can offer you a place at Rowan – we will keep you informed along the way. We will discuss our decision with you.
- If a place is agreed, funding must be in place before you start at Rowan.